By signing up for a Help Work Online Account (as defined in Section 1) or by using any Help Work Online Services (as defined below), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
As used in these Terms of Service, “we”, “us”, “HWO” and “Omega Communications Inc.” means the applicable Omega Communications Inc. Contracting Party (as defined in Section 4 below).
The services offered by Omega Communications Inc. under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you operate your business online. Any such services offered by Omega Communications Inc. are referred to in these Terms of Services as the “Services”. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://www.helpworkonline.com/policies/terms located on the HWO website (“https://www.helpworkonline.com”). Omega Communications Inc. reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the HWO website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you and if you do not accept such amendments, you must cease using the Services.
1. Account Terms
- To access and use the Services, you must use a Help Work Online account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. HWO may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You must be the older of: (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from which you use the Services to open an Account.
- You confirm that you are receiving any Services provided by Omega Communications Inc. for the purposes of carrying on a business activity and not for any personal, household or family purpose.
- You acknowledge that Omega Communications Inc. will use the email address you provide on opening an Account or as updated by you from time to time as the primary method for communication with you.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Omega Communications Inc. cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Materials”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service, including the AUP, as determined in the sole discretion of HWO may result in an immediate termination of your Services.
2. Account Activation
2.1 Business Owner
- Subject to section 2.1(2), the person signing up for the Service by opening an Account will be the contracting party (“Business Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding Account we may provide to the Store Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Business Owner. If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, then you must use your employer-issued email address and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
- Your HWO created website (“Business Website” or “Website”) can only be associated with one Store Owner. A Store Owner may have multiple Websites. “Business” means the online business or physical retail location(s) associated with the Account.
2.2 Staff Accounts
- You can create one or more staff accounts (“Staff Accounts”) allowing other people to access the Account. With Staff Accounts, the Business Owner can grant permissions and let other people work in their Account.
- The Business Owner is responsible and liable for the acts, omissions and defaults arising from use of Staff Accounts in the performance of obligations under these Terms of Service as if they were the Business Owner’s own acts, omissions or defaults.
- The Business Owner and the users under Staff Accounts are each referred to as a “HWO User”.
2.6 Domain Names
- Upon purchasing a domain name through HWO, domain registration will be preset to automatically renew each year. HWO signs up to and purchases domains from third-party registrars. HWO will provide you with your domain information once your Domain Name Server (DNS) has been set up appropriately. You acknowledge that once the domain information has been transferred to you, you are solely responsible for any changes that occur with your domain, in addition to annual payments to the domain registrar.
3. General Conditions
- Technical support in respect of the Services is only provided to HWO Users.
- The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- You acknowledge and agree that HWO may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on HWO’s website, available at https://www.helpworkonline.com/policies/terms and such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to HWO’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws), the laws applicable to you in your customer’s jurisdiction, or the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Service and your performance of obligations under the Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by Omega Communications Inc.
- You shall not purchase search engines or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use HWO or HWO trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- The Terms of Service may be available in languages other than English. To the extent of any inconsistencies or conflicts between these English Terms of Service and HWO’s Terms of Service available in another language, the most current English version of the Terms of Service at https://www.helpworkonline.com/policies/terms will prevail.
- All the terms and provisions of the Terms of Service shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties to the Terms of Service and to their respective heirs, successors, permitted assigns and legal representatives. HWO shall be permitted to assign these Terms of Service without notice to you or consent from you. You shall have no right to assign or otherwise transfer the Terms of Service, or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party without Omega Communications Inc.’s prior written consent, to be given or withheld in Omega Communications Inc.’s sole discretion.
- If any provision, or portion of the provision, in these Terms of Service is, for any reason, held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, then such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other provision (or the unaffected portion of the provision) of the Terms of Service, and the Terms of Service will be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision, or portion of the provision, had never been contained within the Terms of Service.
- Sections 1, 3(2), 6-8, 14-15, 17(9)-(11), 19, 21 and 22 will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
5. Omega Communications Inc. Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all Services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we are under no obligation to make any Services or features available in any jurisdiction.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and suspend or terminate Accounts if we determine in our sole discretion that the goods or services offered via a Business, or the Materials uploaded or posted to a Business, violate our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any HWO customer, HWO employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- HWO does not pre-screen Materials and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials from the Service, including your Business.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that HWO employees and contractors may also be HWO customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your Confidential Information (as defined in Section 6) in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, your status as an employee of an entity, etc.
- HWO retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful Business Owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Business Owner, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, HWO reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
- “Confidential Information” shall include, but shall not be limited to, any and all information associated with a party’s business and not publicly known, including specific business information, technical processes and formulas, software, customer lists, prospective customer lists, names, addresses and other information regarding customers and prospective customers, product designs, sales, costs (including any relevant processing fees), price lists, and other unpublished financial information, business plans and marketing data, and any other confidential and proprietary information, whether or not marked as confidential or proprietary. Omega Communications Inc.’s Confidential Information includes all information that you receive relating to us, or to the Services, that is not known to the general public including information related to our security program and practices.
- Each party agrees to use the other party’s Confidential Information solely as necessary for performing its obligations under these Terms of Service and in accordance with any other obligations in these Terms of Service including this Section 6. Each party agrees that it shall take all reasonable steps, at least substantially equivalent to the steps it takes to protect its own proprietary information, to prevent the duplication, disclosure or use of any such Confidential Information, other than (i) by or to its employees, agents and subcontractors who must have access to such Confidential Information to perform such party’s obligations hereunder, who each shall treat such Confidential Information as provided herein, and who are each subject to obligations of confidentiality to such party that are at least as stringent as those contained herein; or (ii) as required by any law, regulation, or order of any court of proper jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter contained in these Terms of Service, provided that, if legally permitted, the receiving party shall give the disclosing party prompt written notice and use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such disclosure is accorded confidential treatment. Confidential Information shall not include any information that the receiving party can prove: (A) was already in the public domain, or was already known by or in the possession of the receiving party, at the time of disclosure of such information; (B) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the other party’s Confidential Information, and without breaching any provisions of these Terms of Service; or (C) is thereafter rightly obtained by the receiving party from a source other than the disclosing party without breaching any provision of these Terms of Service.
7. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, HWO shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall HWO or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our Services or these Terms of Service (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, HWO partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference (including the AUP), or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- HOW does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- HWO does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- HWO does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other materials purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Services will be corrected.
8. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of HWO to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service, including the documents it incorporates by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and HWO and govern your use of the Services and your Account, superseding any prior agreements between you and HWO (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
9. Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the Service. All Materials you upload remain yours. You can add, remove, and replace your Materials at any time.
- By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view the Materials you post publicly to your Website; and (b) to allow HWO to store, and in the case of Materials you post publicly, display and use your Materials.
- You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to your Website; however, by making your Website public, you agree to allow others to view Materials that you post publicly to your Website. You are responsible for compliance of the Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
- HWO shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with your Website to promote the Service.
10. Payment of Fees
- You will pay the Fees applicable to your subscription to Services (“Subscription Fees”) and any other applicable fees, and any fees relating to your purchase or use of any products or services such as apps, domain names, or Third Party Services (“Additional Fees”). Together, the Subscription Fees and the Additional Fees are referred to as the “Fees”.
- You must keep a valid payment method on file with us to pay for all incurred and recurring Fees. HWO will charge applicable Fees to any valid payment method that you authorize (“Authorized Payment Method”), and HWO will continue to charge the Authorized Payment Method for applicable Fees until the Services are terminated, and any and all outstanding Fees have been paid in full. Unless otherwise indicated, all Fees and other charges are in U.S. dollars, and all payments shall be in U.S. currency.
- Subscription Fees are paid in advance and will be billed on the 1st of every month (each such date, a “Billing Date”). Additional Fees will be charged from time to time at HWO’s discretion. You will be charged on each Billing Date for all outstanding Fees that have not previously been charged. Fees will appear on an invoice, which will be sent to the Business Owner via the email provided. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing of Subscription Fees.
- If we are not able to process payment of Fees using an Authorized Payment Method, we will make a second attempt to process payment using any Authorized Payment Method 3 days later. If the second attempt is not successful, we will make a final attempt 3 days following the second attempt. If our final attempt is not successful, we may suspend and revoke access to your Account and the Services. Your Account will be reactivated upon your payment of any outstanding Fees, plus the Fees applicable to your next billing cycle. You may not be able to access your Account or your storefront during any period of suspension. If the outstanding Fees remain unpaid for 60 days following the date of suspension, HWO reserves the right to terminate your Account.
- All Fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services (including Goods and Sales Tax under the Goods and Services Tax Act, Chapter 117A of Singapore), harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
- You are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to or purchase of HWO’s products and services. To the extent that HWO charges these Taxes, they are calculated using the tax rates that apply based on the billing address you provide to us. Such amounts are in addition to the Fees for such products and services and will be billed to your Authorized Payment Method. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with evidence of your exemption, which in some jurisdictions includes an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive evidence satisfactory to HWO of your exemption. If you are not charged Taxes by HWO, you are responsible for determining if Taxes are payable, and if so, self-remitting Taxes to the appropriate tax authorities in your jurisdiction.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all sums payable by you to HWO under these Terms of Service shall be paid free and clear of any deductions or withholdings whatsoever. Other than Taxes charged by HWO to you and remitted to the appropriate tax authorities on your behalf, any deductions or withholdings that are required by law shall be borne by you and paid separately to the relevant taxation authority. HWO shall be entitled to charge the full amount of Fees stipulated under these Terms of Service to your Authorized Payment Method ignoring any such deduction or withholding that may be required.
- You must maintain an accurate company location in your Account of your Website. If you change jurisdictions you must promptly update your location in your Website dashboard.
- HWO does not provide refunds.
11. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account and terminate the Terms of Service at any time by contacting email@example.com and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in HWO’s response.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- HWO will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- any outstanding balance owed to HWO for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and
- your Website will be taken offline.
- If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service, the Terms of Service and/or your Account for any reason, without notice at any time. Termination of the Terms of Service shall be without prejudice to any rights or obligations which arose prior to the date of termination.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, HWO may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the use of the Services.
12. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from HWO. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the HWO website (helpworkonline.com) or the dashboard of your Website via an announcement.
- HWO reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- HWO shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
13. Third Party Services
- HWO may from time to time recommend, provide you with access to, or enable third party software, applications (“Apps”), products, services or website links (collectively, “Third Party Services”) for your consideration or use, including via the dashboard on your Website. Such Third Party Services are made available only as a convenience, and your purchase, access or use of any such Third Party Services is solely between you and the applicable third party services provider (“Third Party Provider”). In addition to these Terms of Service, you also agree to be bound by the additional service-specific terms applicable to services you purchase from, or that are provided by, Third Party Providers.
- Any use by you of Third Party Services offered through the Services is entirely at your own risk and discretion, and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and/or privacy policies applicable to such Third Party Services before using them. In some instances, HWO may receive a revenue share from Third Party Providers that HWO recommends to you or that you otherwise engage through your use of the Services.
- We do not provide any warranties or make representations to you with respect to Third Party Services. You acknowledge that HWO has no control over Third Party Services and shall not be responsible or liable to you or anyone else for such Third Party Services. The availability of Third Party Services on your Websites or the integration or enabling of such Third Party Services with the Services does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with HWO. HWO does not guarantee the availability of Third Party Services and you acknowledge that HWO may disable access to any Third Party Services at any time in its sole discretion and without notice to you. HWO is not responsible or liable to anyone for discontinuation or suspension of access to, or disablement of, any Third Party Service. HWO strongly recommends that you seek specialist advice before using or relying on Third Party Services, to ensure they will meet your needs. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice, when assessing the correct tax rates you should charge to your customers.
- The relationship between you and any Third Party Provider is strictly between you and such Third Party Provider, and HWO is not obligated to intervene in any dispute arising between you and a Third Party Provider.
- Under no circumstances shall HWO be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, that result from any Third Party Services or your contractual relationship with any Third Party Provider. These limitations shall apply even if HWO has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, HWO partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of a Third Party Service or your relationship with a Third Party Provider.
14. Feedback and Reviews
HWO welcomes any ideas and/or suggestions regarding improvements or additions to the Services. Under no circumstances shall any disclosure of any idea, suggestion or related material or any review of the Services, Third Party Services or any Third Party Provider (collectively, “Feedback”) to HWO be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation. By submitting Feedback to HWO (whether submitted directly to HWO or posted on any HWO hosted forum or page), you waive any and all rights in the Feedback and that HWO is free to implement and use the Feedback if desired, as provided by you or as modified by HWO, without obtaining permission or license from you or from any third party. Any reviews of a Third Party Service or Third Party Provider that you submit to HWO must be accurate to the best of your knowledge, and must not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable. HWO reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit Feedback of Third Party Services or Third Party Providers, but does not regularly inspect posted Feedback.
15. Rights of Third Parties
Save for HWO and its affiliates, HWO Users or anyone accessing Services pursuant to these Terms of Service, unless otherwise provided in these Terms of Service, no person or entity who is not a party to these Terms of Service shall have any right to enforce any term of these Terms of Service, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of these Terms.
16. Privacy & Data Protection